If you are an investor from Mexico looking to get a visa for the United States, you may think that the process is so difficult now as to be impossible. That’s simply not the case. When it comes to getting an investor visa, there are definitely some great options that have a pretty high success rate with a qualified Austin immigration lawyer. One of these is the E-2 Visa, and it is one of the best options for investors from Mexico looking to come into the U.S. Let’s take a look at the E-2 and why it has become so popular.
The E-2 Visa
No issued visa category has increased as much as the E-2 visa in the past few years. Clients who invest in companies in the United States are able to qualify for this visa, which is officially known as the E-2 Treaty Investor Visa. It allows for many people from treaty countries to enter the United States who have an interest in investing in businesses in the U.S., or who have businesses in the United States already and want to come here to manage their business. The reason that this is such a popular visa is due to the fact that it has a very high success rate. You can contact an Austin immigration lawyer to find out how you can start the process to get one.
There are certain qualifications that you will need to meet in order to get this visa. They are listed below.
- First, you have to be from a country that already has navigation and commerce with the United States. If you are from Mexico, then this is not an issue (at least not at the time of this writing).
- You also have to actually be a Mexican national – or in the case of a different country, you have to have that nationality instead. That’s because the money that you are using to invest has to be legally in possession of a national and under the control of a government from a treaty country.
- You have to have already invested or be far along into the process of doing so.
- You have to be a major business that is doing more than marginal investments, and you have to be making a substantial investment in a U.S company.
- Finally, you must have the power to invest and direct your investments or enterprise.
An Austin immigration lawyer – Abogados de Inmigracion en Austin TX – can help you determine if applying for an E-2 Visa is good option for you. Learn more by contacting Michael G. Murray, P.A today!
We handle a variety of immigration cases, so call us now if you have any questions.
View more contact information here: Immigration Lawyer In Austin.